Briefly in English
Loimaan Seudun Teatteriyhdistys ry / Loimaan Region Theatre Association (NGO) is an active agent in the field of amateur theatre life at Loimaa region. It administers two stages Loimaa theatre and Kertunmäki Outdoor Theatre.
- founded 1987
- focused on child and youth theatre but produces shows with multiple age groups, also adults and seniors.
- was granted a national prize Lapsen päivä palkinto by the Minister of Education of FInland 2009
- organises basic education in theatre art in collaboration with Loimaan työväenopisto (the worker´s academy) since 2013
- works actively promoting the overall well-being of young people by devising plays with the participants speaking about actual topics.
- participates in / organizes intercultural youth exchanges and other projects in collaboration with our partners from Ireland, Austria, Bulgaria and Spain since 2011.
- realizes different other projects for example with immigrants in collaboration with Loimaa Evangelical Institute (LEKO) since 2016
Kertunmäki Outdoor Theatre
- founded 1980
- joined LSTY ry in 2013
- produces mainly Finnish Drama in the outdoor stage
- participants are all ages depending on the production
- performances are yearly in the beginning of July
- some years we have a lovely night show in August
- 2019 LSTY ry carried out a Leader-project in order to do a complete renovation if the auditorium deck. It now has a roof, 318 seats with backrest, wheelchair entrance and 7 seats for wheelchairs, and of course, a perfect view to the stage.
- We organise concerts, theatre visits and other events in the Outdoor Stage during the summer time.